Jan 01 2006
The new Battlestar Galactica sucks, don’t watch it!!! I mean wtf, Starbuck is a girl?!?! Boomer is a girl (a rather hot girl might i add )?!?!?! The cylons look like humans?!?!?! Baltar is a wuss?!?!?! They got rid of all references to the Egyptian’s?!?!?! And quite frankly the 70′s lasers look better than the crappy CGI missiles the vipers now have. So, yeah, don’t bother watching it, it sucks more than a Dyson trapped inside a black hole!
Oh, wait, you were expecting me to say happy new year and stuff? Well, yeah, happy new year! Christmas was rather fun (was a shame that Nizlopi didn’t get christmas #1 though)! I’ll now post pictures of stuff i got:
Hmm… my bookshelf is now overflowing with stuff. I guess the notable new purchases would be, Itsudatte My Santa limited edition box set (yes, in Japanese, no subtitles) with Mai figure
OS-tan fanbook (yes again, in Japanese) with OS-tan figures (now all i need to complete my collection is that damn 2k-tan figure, i swear she’s impossible to find!!!!).
An Ito Noizi (the guy that done Shakugan no Shana) artbook (i must say, that this is possibly the best dustcover i’ve seen for a hardback book ever! The photo’s don’t do it justice, it just has to be seen in person! I’d like to know who the girl is that appears to be some sort of Playstation-tan):
My lovely two calendars, Suzuka and School Rumble:
And i’m sure the eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed the nice new console on top of my shelf (and the fact i’m currently downloading the Quake 4 demo!). Please note: all the above was purchased by me, and not christmas presents.As for *actual* christmas presents, i got DVD’s, and Fushigi Yugi manga vol 1-6!
Ok, now that’s over with, let me give my opinions on the Xbox 360, first of all, i’d like to point out, i have no actual games yet, i’m still waiting for DOA 4 to come out (naked Hitomi in end movie, w00t!!), hopefully it won’t be too long. But here’s my opinions based on demo’s and stuff i’ve been downloading. Overall, i think it’s pretty damn good, the xbox live feature is a must! If you get one of these, but don’t get xbox live, then i hardly see the point of you buying it in the first place. All your achievements in games are uploaded to your gamertag once you connect to xbox live (which i must mention connected without needing any configuration on my part… just plug and play!). And xbox live has a whole host of other features… like downloading demo’s of most games (most of which suck at the moment i have to say, they don’t look next-gen at all. Condemned looks the best out of all the games so far but plays about as fast as a dead snail frozen in a glacier. *cough*framerate issues*cough*), downloading trailers, downloading new dashboard themes etc. The other nice feature is i can connect my mp3 player to it, and play music from that while i’m playing games. And also, the buddy list and voice conversations are quite cool, you can send messages and stuff or speak to someone even if you’re playing a single player game, or watching a DVD!! But by far the most impressive feature so far has been the xbox live arcade… the Geometry Wars game is simply amazing, it’s a 2D shooter, and it’s addictive as hell, and seeing as i have no other games to play right now, i’ll be working my way up the leader board of this (currently ranked in the top 4000 players!).My Gamertag is on the sidebar if anyone’s interested.
Ok, now i’ve said all the good things, i’ll list a few little “issues” i’ve found so far:- Most of the games so far suck. They totally don’t look next-generation. And Fifa 06 looks damn right ugly, who the hell came up with that blur effect? It sucks about as much as the new Battlestar Galactica.
- Playing old xbox games isn’t exactly smooth. e.g. DOA3 the opening and ending movies are all jerky.
- Certain DVD’s are also jerky when playing.
- There’s no way to see what song is currently playing when you’re listening to music in fullscreen “visualization” mode.
- The game demo’s were slightly jerky (only in the opening sequence not the actual game), but i’m assuming that’s because they’re running off of a slow hard drive and not the dvd drive.
- There’s not enough gamertag icons to choose from, and you can’t add your own.
- You can’t do anything else when downloading something, so if you’re downloading a 900MB demo, you’ll have to leave it there for like an hour.
- The media remote doesn’t have a subtitle or audio button, so in order to turn subtitles on or off, or change audio language you have to open up a menu. Slightly annoying for someone who’s DVD collection is 90% anime! >_Ok, onto some other random stuff… SCHOOL RUMBLE SEASON 2 COMMING THIS SPRING!!!!1111 W00T!!!!!11
‘MMORPG = Most Men Online Roleplaying Girls’, “If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.” – Xbox 360 Instruction Manual
Well, that’s all for now, see ya again soon!